5 Things to Expect from Reiki
Want a Deep, Overwhelming Sense of Love? Don’t We All?
- Your intention matters. Always. If you decide a session is not going to benefit you, then you will be right. Your mind is very powerful! This is why so many self help books focus on training your mind. Think The Secret and other such books – what we focus on really can manifest because our mind wants to make it so. As I was taught when riding motor bikes in the desert as a child – don’t look at the rock in the path, look at where you want your bike to go. If you look at the rock, you will hit it. Your thoughts are a form of energy, and they will definitely impact your Reiki session.
- There is no universal experience, so expect to have your own unique experience with Reiki. Some people can feel the energy shifting – which is what your Reiki Healer is facilitating. We all have an electrical field, and our neurons and synapses firing are themselves energetic. This we accept in Western culture and science, but Eastern medicine has found energetic pathways throughout the body, much like our lymph system, and keeping those pathways open and flowing is important to our health and well-being.
In Acupuncture, you may have heard this energy force called qi (pronounced chee). The “ki” in Reiki is the Japanese version of that energy flow.
You will generally experience things in the way you are most adept at (sensing energy, something visual, something auditory, etc.)
Some other experiences people have had include:
- Feeling vibrations
- Feeling spacey
- Having vivid visualizations
- Seeing flashing colors
- Feeling a deep, overwhelming sense of love – doesn’t that sound fabulous?
- An immediate reduction of pain – if pain is what you came to work on. If you have chronic knee pain, for instance, you will very likely feel an immediate reduction of pain. Is it gone forever? No, but Reiki is very good at getting the healing ball rolling, so even one session will be helpful to reduce pain. For chronic conditions, it’s helpful to receive multiple sessions. And the best part? Your healing will speed up after your session.
- Improved sleep – you may even dose off during a session! (I have done this.) If you struggle with insomnia, Reiki can help you sleep that very night. And once again, it is getting the ball rolling for improved sleep going forward, but you will likely need more treatments for an extended benefit if the insomnia has been chronic.
- Relaxation – we all need more of this! When was the last time you prioritized your relaxation? Many of us are doing too many things and not taking nearly enough down time to feel restored. Reiki can help restore the balance our minds, bodies and spirits so desperately crave. Receiving energy work is investing in your health and getting some much needed restorative time. It will help support you during the busy times of life and help you feel better until you can take a proper vacation.
It is especially important to realize and remember that even if you don’t feel something during a session – since not all of us are attuned to our energetic force – Reiki will still be helping you for several days after your session. Isn’t it time you got some support for this challenging life?